NATIVE FOOD INFORMATION SESSION BAYSIDE MELBOURNE
YOU CAN BOOK THIS THROUGH EVENTBRITE ON THE LINK BELOW
Find out more about Native Australian Foods, where they come from, their health benefits and how to use them.
You will get to touch, taste, smell and see a variety of fresh, frozen and dried native foods that are used in modern cooking and discuss how to apply them to everyday home-cooking. You will also be shown how to prepare these foods, what they mix well with and how much to use.
We will talk about health benefits and the future of these facinating superfoods of Australia.
Each participant will recieve a take home sample bag of dried native foods, information sheets and access to recipes online.
Using Australian Native Food supports Australian farmers and Wild Harvesters all around Australia, its great for the land, our environment and helps to keep First People's Traditional Knowledge alive.
Come on a journey and discover the real 'Tastes & Flavours of Australia', being mindful of there history, their present status and their exciting future.
We pay our respect to the Bayside Boon Warrung people & all Traditional owners past and present who cared for this land for thousands of years.
$5 from each ticket will go towards Children's Ground - Indigenous communities doing it their way for this and future generations.
During this course you will:
- Learn about native foods and where they come from.
- Talk about ethical and sustainability issues.
- Talk about native foods around the Bayside area and foraging issues.
- The Health benefits of native superfoods.
- How to prepare them, what they go well with and how much to use.
- See, touch, smell and taste native foods.
- See a presentation of native food pictures
- Get hand-out information to take home
- And lots more.....
This event will be repeated in other suburbs of Melbourne - stay tuned.
Julie Merlet - NATIF