Wattleseed and Boab Muffins
These muffins are delicious for a healthy snack. Simple and easy to make using Australian native ingredients like Wattleseed, Boab, Macadamia nuts and Bunya nut meal.
4 Tablespoons unsalted melted butter
1/3 cup Wattleseed Syrup
1 Tablespoon of NATIF Roasted Wattleseed Grind
1 cup of 3 mashed ripe bananas
1/4 cup of milk (any type you like)
1 cup of whole wheat self raising flour
1/2 cup of NATIF Bunya nut meal (or use almond meal)
2 Teaspoons of Cinnamon powder
1/2 cup of crushed Macadamia nuts
1 cup of icing sugar
20g NATIF Boab powder
Enough water to make a paste
1/3 cup of Wattleseed syrup
To make this syrup:
Just stir in 1 tablespoon of NATIF Wattleseed Grind into 1/3 cup of warm honey.
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees fan forced
2. Grease muffin tin with butter then dust off with plain flour
3. In a large bowl add all the ingredients and stir until just blended
4. Spoon out into the muffin tin until about 2/3 full.
5. Bake for about 15-18 minutes or when light golden brown in colour.
6. Allow to cool for 30 minutes before applying the icing.
5. ICING - Blend Icing ingredients until smooth and pasty.
When muffins are cool, smear over the top.
Option: Dust with more Boab powder as a serving garnish
Makes about 12 muffins.
Enjoy with friends and family with a warm WattleLatte!